Ice Schedules & Program Information
• Arena #1 was built in 1971. Arena #2 and Leisure Ice was built in 1996.
• Arena #1 & #2 are 85 ft. x 200 ft. and the Leisure Ice area is approximately 4000 square ft.
• Arena #1 has 4 dressing rooms plus an additional female only dressing room. Arena #2 has 5 dressing rooms plus an additional female only dressing room.
• Skate shop offers skate sharpening and skate rental services - 110 pairs of hockey skates and 100 pairs of figure skates.
• Arena #1 seats 742 and Arena #2 seats 150.
In our arena you must:
• Always skate in control:
• Maintain a safe speed.
• Skate in the same direction.
• Avoid weaving in and out of other skaters.
• We strongly encourage all facility users to wear a hockey or snowboarding helmet for all on ice activities. Helmets should be properly sized and appropriate for the activity. Helmets not available on site.
• Reserve skating aids (pylons, shopping carts etc.) for non-skaters only.
• Immediately leave the ice surface whenever the ice resurfacer is on the ice or the resurfacer gates are open.
The following is not allowed on the ice:
• Fighting, tripping, horseplay, unsafe games (crack the whip, tag, etc.) or engaging in any other conduct likely to cause an injury.
• Spitting, foul language or aggressive behaviour towards staff or other patrons.
• Hockey sticks, pucks, balls or equipment during public skates. Pond hockey with a sponge puck may be permitted —please enquire with a skate patrol.
• Jumps, spins or other figure skating routines during public skates.
• Gouging the ice.
• Sitting or standing on rink boards. Players and penalty boxes are out of bounds during public skates.
• Persons not wearing skates.
• Shoes, food, drink, gum or chewing tobacco.
• Collecting snow or making snowballs.
• Piggy backing or carrying another person. Parents with small children are encouraged to use strollers.
• Articles in the arena are left at your own risk. Please keep benches clear.
- About Us
- Administration & General Information
- Aquatic Information
- Benefits of Recreation
- Birthday Parties & Facility Rentals
- Daycamps & Pro-D Days
- Fitness & Rehabilitation Information
- Ice Schedules & Program Information
- RECREATE Strathcona Gardens
- Special Events at Strathcona Gardens
- Sports Programs
- Strathcona Gardens Recreation Guides
- I Want to.....