Area D OCP Review
Electoral Area D
Official Community Plan Review
Planning for the Future!
Join us from 7 p.m. - 9 p.m. on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 at the Oyster Bay Resort to discuss draft policy updates to the Area D OCP. Visit our Upcoming Meetings page for more details.
The Strathcona Regional District is undertaking a review of the Official Community Plan for Electoral Area D (Oyster Bay – Buttle Lake) and we invite you to assist in developing a visionary and inspirational document that reflects the community's desired future of Area D.
The purpose of this OCP review is to:
- Update policy content to reflect the current vision and values of the community,
- Meet statutory requirements and obligations as per the Local Government Act,
- Ensure the plan refers to and is in-line with current Provincial legislation and policy, and
- Update agency name changes, acronyms, etc.
This Official Community Plan process will focus on various land use issues and topics relevant to Electoral Area D, including but not limited to:
- Settlement Patterns and Housing Options,
- Commercial and Industrial Land Uses,
- Watersheds, Forestry, and Wilderness Recreation,
- Environmentally Sensitive Areas,
- Coastal Planning - storm surge, sea-level rise and coastal shoreline protection,
- Parks and Greenways,
- Servicing, and
During the review process, the regional district will continue to update the public and provide opportunity for community involvement. Below are links that you may find useful.
Additional comments, questions or concerns may be directed to Aniko Nelson via email at email@example.com, or by telephone at 250-830-6708.
To view the content of the current Official Community Plan (Bylaw No. 1857) click here.
- About Us
- Administration & General Information
- Aquatic Information
- Benefits of Recreation
- Birthday Parties & Facility Rentals
- Daycamps & Pro-D Days
- Fitness & Rehabilitation Information
- Ice Schedules & Program Information
- RECREATE Strathcona Gardens
- Special Events at Strathcona Gardens
- Sports Programs
- Strathcona Gardens Recreation Guides
- I Want to.....