NOTICE: The main pool is closed for the remainder of the day on Thursday, April 20, and will re-open on Friday, April 21.
*The Weekly Pool Rentals provide a snapshot of what is happening in the pool - in addition to regular programs - to help pool users plan their visit to the pool.
The aquatic facility has a main swimming pool as well as a leisure pool, hot tub, dry sauna, steam sauna and waterslide. See below for more information:
- 37.5 meters long x 14 meters wide (6 lanes) - for most swims the bulkhead is kept 25 meters from the deep end wall (40 lengths = 1 km; 64 lengths = 1 mile)
- Depth varies from 0.75 to 3.2 meters deep
- Holds 192,212 imperial gallons of water (874,000 litres)
- Temperature is kept between 80° and 82° Fahrenheit
- 4 ladders, 2 sets of stairs and 1 chair lift
- Equipment includes: lane ropes, diving board, rope swing, volleyball nets and basketball hoops
- Free form pool shape with an area appropriate for swimming lengths that is 25 meters long
- Depth varies from 0 to 1.4 meters deep
- Holds 30,800 imperial gallons of water (140,000 litres)
- Temperature is kept between 88° and 90° Fahrenheit
- 2 ladders and 1 chair lift (shared with hot tub)
- Equipment includes: spray bar, water columns, bubble pit and geysers
- Approximately 30 sq. meters
- Depth varies from 0 to 1.25 meters deep
- Holds 4,200 imperial gallons of water (19,100 litres)
- Temperature is kept at 102° degrees Fahrenheit
- 1 stairs, 1 ramp and 1 chair lift (shared with leisure pool)
- 25 metre x 36 inch Aquatube water slide with a deceleration lane
- Cedar sauna holds a maximum of eight patrons
- Approximate temp is 140°F Fahrenheit
- Tile sauna holds a maximum of 16 patrons
- Approximate temp is 120° Fahrenheit
- The aquatic facility is equipped with 3 changerooms
- The family changeroom is designed for adults with small children and/or patrons with disabilities
- Patrons with disabilities have priority access to the wheelchair accessible changeroom stalls in the family, men’s and women’s
- School aged children (6+) must use the gender appropriate changeroom and/or the family changeroom under adult supervision.
In our pool you must:
- Wear clean & appropriate bathing attire.
- Take a cleansing shower with soap and warm water before entering the pools or saunas.
- Ensure all children under the age of 7 are closely supervised (within arms reach) and accompanied in the water by a responsible person at least 16 years of age. We recommend a maximum of three children under the age of 7 to one adult.
- Report all accidents/incidents including contamination or fouling of the water to a lifeguard.
The following is not allowed in our pool:
Articles on the pool deck are left at your own risk. Lockers are available in the changerooms for your convenience. Please keep benches clear.
- Entering the pool while ill—this includes open sores, bandages, head colds, discharging ears or noses or infected eyes.
- Strollers or outside shoes on the pool deck.
- Entering the water if there is not a lifeguard or swimming instructor on duty.
- Bringing food, gum or drinks in the pool area. Drinking water in a non-glass container is acceptable.
- Running, fighting, or engaging in other conduct likely to cause an injury.
- Foul language or aggressive behaviour .
- Contaminating or fouling the pool.
- Diving is only permitted in depths of 2m or more. Diving in the deep end of the main pool is acceptable.
- Using or being under the influence of intoxicants.
Theft is a concern in our changerooms.
To secure your belongings,
please bring change (coins) for a locker:
$0.25 for a small /$0.50 for a large
- About Us
- Administration & General Information
- Aquatic Information
- Benefits of Recreation
- Birthday Parties & Facility Rentals
- Daycamps & Pro-D Days
- Fitness & Rehabilitation Information
- Ice Schedules & Program Information
- RECREATE Strathcona Gardens
- Special Events at Strathcona Gardens
- Sports Programs
- Strathcona Gardens Recreation Guides
- I Want to.....